Young Clergy Leadership Forum 2020
Young Clergy Leadership Forum
January 26-29, 2020
Church and Society will host 50 young clergy on Capitol Hill, in Washington D.C., for a Church and Society leadership forum. Each United Methodist conference is encouraged to send two young clergy who are currently serving full-time appointments in local United Methodist churches.
Each participant should arrive anytime Sunday, Jan. 26. We will gather for breakfast at the hotel at 7:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27 and go to the United Methodist Building together at 8:30 a.m. Please plan to depart after lunch Wednesday, Jan. 29.
Goals for the forum
- Connect young clergy with the ministry of Church and Society.
- Provide a forum to share knowledge and experience.
- Create bridges for future ministry collaboration.
- Build relationships with other young clergy from across the United Methodist connection.
Special speakers will include:
- Chaplain Barry Black, United States Senate
- Rev. Dr. Kirk VanGilder, Gallaudet University
- General Secretary Rev. Dr. Susan T. Henry-Crowe and other Church and Society staff
List still in formation.
Housing for participants
Capitol Hill Suites Hotel
200 C St. SE
Washington, DC 20003
All breakfasts, lunches, snacks, one dinner and housing are included in the registration fee. Two dinners will be on your own.
Commuter (no rooming needed): $100.
Shared room: $200 before Dec. 20, 2019; $250 after.
Private room: $450 before Dec. 20, 2019; $500 after.
Shared room with spouse: $450 before Dec. 20, 2019; $500 after.
Note: clergy couples should register separately and request each other as roommates.
Contact the Rev. Clayton Childers at email@example.com.