Peace on the Korean Peninsula Forum
Join Church and Society for a three-day seminar diving into issues of peace on the Korean Peninsula.
The General Board of Church and Society will host the Peace on the Korean Peninsula Forum, November 13-15, 2017 in the United Methodist Building in Washington D.C. on Capitol Hill.
Participants will learn about the unrest and tension on the Korean Peninsula and what as people of faith can do. The forum is co-sponsored by the Korea Peace Committee.
The forum will be a time of worship, hearing from experts and gaining resources to continue and “pursue what makes for peace and mutual up building.“ (Romans 14:19)
- Christine Ahn, Founder and International Coordinator of Women Cross DMZ
- Kevin Gray, Ph.D., Fellow and Visiting Scholar, Asia Center at the Wilson Center; Lecturer in International Relations, University of Sussex, United Kingdom
- Jisoo Kim, Ph.D., Director of George Washington Institute for Korean Studies, Korea Foundation Associate Professor of History, International Affairs, and East Asian Languages and Literatures, Elliott School of International Affairs, George Washington University
- Jim Winkler, President and General Secretary, National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA
- Rev. Dr. Liberato Bautista, Assistant General Secretary for the United Nations Ministry, General Board of Church and Society, UMC
- Catherine Gordon, Associate for International Issues, Office of Public Witness, Presbyterian Church USA
- Rev. Michael Neuroth, Policy Advocate for International Issues, Justice and Witness Ministries Office, United Church of Christ
- David Wildman, Executive Secretary, Middle East, Human Rights & Racial Justice, United Nations Liaison Office, General Board of Global Ministries, UMC
- Jae Ku, Ph.D., Director of the US-Korea Institute, John Hopkins University
- Daniel Jasper, Advocacy Coordinator-Asia, American Friends Service Committee
- Mark Harrison, Director of Peace with Justice Program, Special Assistant to the General Secretary, General Board of Church and Society, UMC
- Charissa Zehr, Legislative Associate for International Affairs, Washington Office, Mennonites Central Committee U.S.
- Anthony Wier, Legislative Secretary, Nuclear Disarmament and Pentagon Spending, Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Rev. We Chang, District Superintendent, Metro Boston Hope District
- Rev. Chongho James Kim, Senior Pastor, First Flushing United Methodist Church
- Rev. Pyung Ahn Peace Kim, Associate Pastor, United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay
- Bishop Hee-Soo Jung, Wisconsin Annual Conference (preacher, opening worship)
- Washington SamulNori, Korean traditional drum
- Kayla Waters, Guest worship leader
- Rev. Kil Sang Yoon, Retired UM elder (preacher, closing worship)