Digital Communications Specialist Consultant
GBCS is seeking an experienced professional Digital Communications Specialist Consultant with previous experience working in social media for nonprofit organizations.
The General Board of Church and Society (GBCS) is seeking an experienced professional Digital Communications Specialist Consultant with previous experience working in social media for nonprofit organizations. This position will support digital and social media outreach on GBCSs website and social media and CRM channels as well as being responsible for curating and developing engaging content for social media posts and blog content to achieve aggressive growth in various social media channels. This is a contract position working approximately 10 to 20 hours a week, remotely with the possibility of hybrid work for candidates in the Washington D.C. area.
GBCS is the presence of The United Methodist Church on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. GBCS is tasked with implementing the Social Principles, which contain stances taken on social and political issues by The United Methodist Church.
- Support the GBCS website by posting news blogs, developing action alert landing pages, updating content on the home page and multiple program pages.
- Use Hootsuite to manage a social media calendar, and make /write daily posts to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube highlighting GBCS’s initiatives, advocacy, and organizing.
- Craft basic social media graphics with software like Canva that is consistent with organization’s brand identity.
- Proficient with EveryAction CRM to disseminate digital email copy for action alerts, newsletters, articles and messaging.
- Report social media and web statistics using Google Analytics and Hootsuite.
- Provide weekly updates to Director of Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience.
- Strong experience working in social media for nonprofit organizations.
- Proficient in Hootsuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Graphic design (Canva), Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Adobe creative suite, E-marketing tools.
- Proficient with Every Action CRM to disseminate digital email copy for action alerts, newsletters, articles, and messaging.
- Knowledge and interest about current trends in social media use, content, and functionality.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Good writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent editorial judgement.
- Interest in the field of faith-based social justice is a plus.
The General Board of Church and Society is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
Closing Date: February 28, 2022
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms